Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
When you've enjoyed a delicious meal on our Boardwalk or stayed in one of our rooms, you'll understand what we mean when we say Eldorado Resort is life in a postcard. We're currently looking to fill the role of Sales Manager, if this is something you might be interested in, keep reading!
The Sales Manager is a key player on the Sales team and will build strong relationships with existing key client accounts and solicit new group sales clients for the hotel to meet and exceed revenue goals in group rooms, food and beverage, and meeting room rental.
What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Director of Sales, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Develops and maintains relationships with key clients in order to produce Corporate Travel/BT Market, extended stay project business and other cross-departmental referral business.
- Establishes SMERFE (Sports, Military, Education, Religious, Fraternal, Entertainment) and Tour client base for specific geographic markets to include organizations, associations, social groups, sports and entertainment groups through directly soliciting business via prospecting to including but not limited to, outside sales calls, e-communications, referrals and networking.
- Foster relationships with key Industries that supply extended stay business travel/project opportunities, such as Oil & Gas, Insurance Organizations, Financial Institutions, Medical Facilities, Engineering/Construction Companies.
- Solicits, negotiates, and books new and re-books repeat business through various efforts (telephone solicitation, personal sales calls in the market, site inspections, referrals, written communications, etc.) to maximize room and catering revenues through the use of meeting space and rooms.
- Working closely with the Director of Revenue, negotiates guest room rates, food and beverage, meeting room rental, function space, and hotel services within approved booking guidelines for each hotel. Confirms agreements in writing and forwards documents to clients and affected hotel departments.
- Conducts tours of the hotel and banquet facilities; entertains qualified potential clients in accordance with company and property policies and procedures.
- Travel within market locally as necessary to conduct outside sales calls, attend trade shows and presentations to promote the hotel and develop new business.
- Obtain advanced knowledge of market trends, the competition, and key customers of the hotel.
- Develop and conduct presentations, proposals, and contracts to properly negotiate and close sales.
- Conduct market research and recommend strategies to drive group room nights and overall revenue.
- Check in with clients and coordinate with various departments in the servicing of groups and events to ensure smooth turnover from initial sales phase to finalized agreement.
- Participate in daily business review meetings, pre-conference meetings, training and other sales-related meetings as required.
- Know which leisure groups produce effective business for the hotel, the sources of business for each and understand how to balance them to maximize revenues.
- Know your “top ten” key account produce effective business and foster these relationships.
What are we looking for?
- 1+ years of previous SMERFE hotel sales experience is required.
- Knowledge of a property management system such as Opera is preferred.
- Energetic and outgoing, with a positive attitude, driven to provide outstanding guest service.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be self-motivated, decisive, responsible, and results-driven with proven sales abilities.
- Effective problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule as required.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint and any other software as it relates to the position.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Competitive Compensation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Eldorado Marina, Four Points by Sheraton, Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport, and Home2Suites Fort St /John)
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition and teambuilding
- Room for growth and development
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join our Eldorado Resort family!