Reports to: Executive Chef, Chef de Partie, Maestro’s Restaurant at Manteo Eldorado Resort
Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
Our new restaurant, Maestro’s Mediterranean Restaurant & Terrace located at Manteo features a curated selection of sea-inspired dishes, local vegetables, and generous usages of oils, spices, and grains. Inspired from the likes of Valencia, Genoa, Split, and Nice to deliver spectacularly inventive dishes in a refreshingly vibrant space. At Maestro’s, we know that a restaurant is all about people; we will ensure the highest levels of creativity, flavors, and service to always pursue our purpose of creating memorable experiences to our guests.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd Owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
A kitchen steward is responsible for washing dishes, cleaning kitchen, and prepping during slow periods.
Responsibilities & Accountability
- Collect soiled dishes from around the kitchen, when walking through empty handed. Assist the line with bringing frying pans back to the soaking sinks.
- Ensure that soiled dishes are stacked properly so that they can be picked easily for washing purposes. Keep stacks at a reasonable height and are only made of 1 type of dish/plate.
- Mix liquid soap and water to soak cutlery, bowls, and coffee cups. Weekly bleaching of coffee cups.
- Clean dishes and flatware with water and green scrubby or metal scrubby to clear them of dirt and food debris.
- Rinse all food off before dishes go through the dishwasher.
- Place washed dishware and flatware on drying racks
- Check dishwashers drain trays, and sprayers for clogs and blockages. Clean as needed.
- Place dishes appropriately in the dishwasher, always fill two racks full before running machine.
- Remove washed dishes from the dishwasher and decide to dry them if needed.
- Stack dishes properly in cupboards, and only where they are supposed to go.
- Maintain dish pit area, clean equipment, watch chemicals, clean walls, and take out kitchen garbage as needed.
- Sweep kitchen floor and clean spills as needed.
- Complete lists for cleaning and closing the dish area.
- Mop stockrooms and report any hazardous situations to the kitchen or maintenance manager
- Ensure that all dish cleaning equipment and supplies are stocked properly
- Assist kitchen staff with food preparation duties when needed
Skills and Qualifications
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- Ability to work solo or as a team
- Hard working, dedicated and reliable
- Attention to detail and cleanliness
- Ability to solve problems as they arise, and anticipate upcoming issues
- Good communication skills
- Previous experience as asset, but not mandatory
- Be legally able to work in Canada