Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
If you are looking for exciting and rewarding opportunities to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then we want to hear from you! Our beautiful lakeside property offers a wide range of exciting career opportunities. We offer competitive earnings potential, employee discounts on water sport rentals, discounted food & beverage at all our Argus Properties Ltd owned Restaurants and Hotels, fun social events, and great colleagues!
What we offer:
- Employee discounts on accommodations, dining and marina at our sister properties (Hotel Eldorado, Manteo Resort and Eldorado Marina, and Hampton Inn & Suites Kelowna Airport).
- World-wide accommodation and dining discounts with Marriott brands.
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition, teambuilding and an atmosphere of growth and development.
- Internal growth and a culture of promotion from within.
As a Banquet Captain, you would be responsible for overseeing the set-up and clean-up of food and beverage during banquet functions in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Report for duty punctually, in full uniform according to appearance and grooming standards
- Promote and maintain a positive working relationship at all times with all the colleagues of Eldorado Resort
- Demonstrate a complete understanding of all policies, procedures and standards stated in The Food & Beverage Employee Handbook
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and warm hospitality to all guests
- Foster and practice teamwork and cooperation with all other positions existing in the hotel
- Use empowerment to turn challenges into opportunities.
- Supervise food and beverage service throughout banquet functions to ensure quality service and product quality
- Assist with the planning, organizing and execution of all banquet functions including, but not limited to, breakfast, coffee breaks, luncheons, dinners, cocktail receptions, galas, etc.
- Greet and welcome client representative and guests, responding to requests in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Participate in and lead department meetings
- Process banquet checks accurately and efficiently for payment
- Ensure guest satisfaction throughout the meal service
- Serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages in accordance with federal, state, local and company regulations
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- Previous work experience within an upscale high volume establishment
- Basic knowledge of banquets and catering and good knowledge of wines/beverages
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Willingness to learn new concepts and ideas
- Serving it Right/SmartServe Certified
- Passion for food, beverage, and providing excellent customer service
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time