Our spectacular Eldorado Resort is situated right on the shores of Okanagan Lake, a few kilometers south of the William R. Bennett bridge. Eldorado Resort consists of Hotel Eldorado, Manteo, and Eldorado Marina, with world-class amenities including multiple outlets, gyms, indoor and outdoor pools, boardwalk, tennis courts, and a private beach.
When you've enjoyed a delicious meal on our Boardwalk or stayed in one of our rooms, you'll understand what we mean when we say Eldorado Resort is life in a postcard.
If you're looking for an exciting and rewarding opportunity to showcase your talent and join a team that brings out the best in each other, then keep reading!
The Sous Chef is devoted to all aspects of food preparation to facilitate the creation of truly spectacular cuisine. The Sous Chef will assist with monitoring the daily functions of the culinary department, including providing support, guidance, and training to the culinary team, ending in a positive guest experience.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standard:
- Support the Executive Chef by assuming basic management responsibilities, supervising the day-to-day functions of kitchen employees, and contributing to maximizing the overall profit and performance of the Food and Beverage department
- Assume the role of liaison between all departments within the culinary division and all other hotel departments
- Ensure the consistency and quality of all meals created (seasoning, portion size, appearance)
- Assist the Executive Chef with developing and implementing creative menu items that adhere to company standards
- Manage hourly kitchen employees by recording hours for payroll, scheduling, training, coaching, and evaluating
- Prepare and train culinary staff on the preparation and presentation of foods such as salads, sauces, soups, butchering, etc.
- Lead and coach the team toward achieving exceptional guest service and employee satisfaction results
- Monitor food production, ordering, cost, quality, and consistency daily
- Contribute to the morale and well-being of the kitchen team by exemplifying Eldorado Resort values
- Create a friendly, professional environment that inspires teamwork
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role, you should demonstrate the following:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a fast-paced, fine dining environment
- Possess strong leadership, organization, and relationship skills
- In-depth skills and knowledge of all kitchen operations
- Experience with training, basic financial management, and customer service
- Excellent technical knowledge of contemporary cooking styles and ingredients
- A true desire to exceed guest expectations in a fast-paced customer service environment
- Capable of producing a consistent product in a timely manner and in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Temporary, shared rooms available in Staff Accommodation
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Employee discounts on accommodations, and dining at our sister properties (Four Points by Sheraton, Hampton Inn & Suites - Kelowna Airport and Home2Suites Fort St John)
- An excellent work environment, with a focus on staff recognition and teambuilding
- Room for growth and development
Don't miss this exciting opportunity to join our Eldorado family!